When planning for re-opening your business after COVID-19 and planning for the rest of the year, it is important to understand how to deal with a crisis in the future and understand all the phases for your planning and overall response.
While most businesses are currently on phases 4-6, it is important to understand each phase, in order to improve systems and processes for how to better prepare against potential pandemic or natural disaster in the future.
Phase 1: The Crisis Emerges
- Avoid panic and focus on employee and customer safety
- Determine a plan to work from home and online
Phase 2: Employee Safety - WFH
- Train users on security measures to take while working from home
- Have meetings regularly and establish a normal schedule
Phase 3: WFH - Low Tide
- Ensure to work with employees on overall morale and mental/emotional health
- Use virtual meetings as team-building resource (we are all in this together)
Phase 4: Clarity on Return
- Prioritize health and safety - evaluate if wfh needs to continue for longer
- Being a process for re-implementing physical location hours
- Standardize cleaning and safety measures
- Checkout info card for our video on returning to the workplace
Phase 5: Return to Work
- Being to role out new work policies
- Role out phases of employees - especially depending on the size of business
- Be able to pivot quickly and use this time to learn and understand how to role out phases better in the future if ever needed.
Phase 6: Recovery/ A New Normal
- Focus on what worked and what didn't
- Re-evaluate planning for potential future out breaks or natural disasters
- Have a plan in place
- Focus on 2021 planning
For more information on how to get SaaS backups setup for you data and business, contact us at (719) 359-5995 or send us a message from the link below!